Pages

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Holiday in the USA


We had tickets to the USA that we needed to use up, so we decided to take advantage of the holiday season and spend it with our family in TX and FL. I can't get over how much we travel with the kids, but it's always worth it in the end. We started out in Dallas, TX with my family. My heart belongs there...and I hope that we will make it back after all of our adventures and experiences in the military. The first full day back, my dad drove us out to the ranch for a night. It was fun to go out there and see all the hard work he put into it. The ranch is in Seymour, TX, which is about three hours from the DFW area. It's a nice getaway from the big city. We got all dressed up in Realtree and toured the property while keeping a lookout for hogs and deer. We went to the local grocery store and loaded up on the delicious meal that night, followed by wild hog sausage for breakfast. I must say I was not excited about eating it, but it was by far the best breakfast sausage I've ever had!
Nicely blending in with the scenery, and then there's Cambria.
We look pretty good as country folk. Must go back!
Addi loved the bulls. Up close and personal.
Addison is pure boy! He loves the outdoors, especially when he gets to spend it with his Grandpa, aka Papa.
We spent Christmas with my family. It was fun watching the kids wake up to a room full of gifts, and even more fun to watch them open it all.
Then, we went to FL for New Years! It was so fun to spend our time on the beach in the middle of winter! The kids were a little reluctant of the water at first, but quickly warmed up and had a blast running around on the sand.
My sweet babies testing out the waters.
And, finally, our New Years dinner was a treat! We had a clam bake, lobster and all! A very fishy meal that we all enjoyed. We had so much fun with our families this year for the holidays!

No comments: