Pages

Monday, October 15, 2012

Tejansienda Ranch


For the 4th of July the kids and I packed up and went to Texas for an Anderson family reunion at my dad's ranch out near Wichita Falls. We had a BLAST! All my brothers and my one and only sister came with their families...all 13 nieces and nephews. Unfortunately, Adam wasn't able to come because he had just taken command of the New England Medical Recruiting Company in Boston. I'll forgive him this time, but I'm not letting him miss out again! There was non-stop action with the cousins playing on the trampoline, riding four wheelers, swimming, watching fireworks, target practice, feeding the bulls, and so much more. The kids got an awesome tan too and I'm a little jealous! No matter how much sun block I put on them, they seemed to soak up the sun. I'm a warm weather girl, and being back in TX for a week made me terribly homesick for the lone star state, although we are really loving Boston. Here is a peek of our Texas adventure this summer.
Here we are getting ready to head over to Sunday church. My kiddos sure are cute!
And here is the whole clan. My kiddos weren't so cute here, but I'll give them some credit...it was nap time. Since the ranch is pretty much out in the middle of no where, the LDS population is fairly small and there is no church building. So, here we are at a member's home attending church. It was a really neat experience!
Target practice with Grandpa Philip. This photo needs to be framed and kept forever...it's priceless.
If the kids weren't jumping, they were laying down or climbing up to join in on the fun. This place was where most of the giggles occurred and stories were told. Most definitely a favorite activity.
A boy and a tractor!
Swim time at the city pool. Dipping in the water was a must considering the hot hot heat!
Shooting practice happened too. All the boys went hunting every night. Papa and Addison shot together, and I heard that Addison did great!
I got a little practice in too, but I'm sure Addison did much better than me!
Here were my cheerleaders! Such cute ladies!
Can't wait to go back y'all!

No comments: